Gokyo Valley Trek is another big attraction of Everest region. Which is comparatively less crowed than Everest Base Camp. This one is better for high mountains view and less timer holidays holder. Physically also not much difficult as well little high aged clients also can do it. Accommodation and food are accepted too. Specially this one is famous for high mountains view as well peace and clean lakes. Lake 1st, 2nd and 3rd are just we need to cross on the way to last lodges available. And 4th. lake is on the optional way. Just 1.5 hours to get the 4th lake from last lodges place. Then the major view point Gokyo Ri is 2.5 to 3.5 hours from the lodge. Which is vertical ascent challenge from 4700m to 5360m. let’s challenge to face !!!
- Best views of High Mountains
- Comfortable and easier
- Peace and Clean lakes
- Near the Biggest Glacier Ngazumba
- Sherpa culture.
Welcome to Nepal. We pick up you by our official staff at airport with warm welcome just out side at normal waiting place and then transfer to Hotel at Thamel by private Car / taxi. Then after your freshness will meet again. Evening you will have dinner with your trekking guide.There will be more information of trekking by your guide. Also you will have chance to recognise your guide internally.
Very early morning should be at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu for the 35-minute scenic flight to Tenzing-Hillary Airport at Lukla (2,860 m). You have to war little at lukla. with tea/coffee break for final arranging. Then trek towards Phakding (2,610 m) aprox 3 hours to walk. A easy firstday walking.
Well, the this day start with easy walk about 3 hours. The trail from Phakding to Larcha doven is physically easy to walk. Anyway at the first check post of Sagarmatha National park, Monju, probably will stock for an hour just to get national park permit. So just after the Monju check post you should have lunch break at Jorsalle. After Jorsalle there is not tea shops and lunch places till Namche Bazar. Then the Jorsalle lunch break just arroud 30 minutes later ,You will see twin bridges before heading up. From the place to get Namche will need 3 hours more. Topdanda is the first Everest view point arround the middle of way up. If weather still favour you then you will get first view of Everest. Then the evening will have walk in market.
You should walk up to Khumjung village for acclimatization . As well you can stay in khumjung too. Only the Khumjung is real and the biggest village on the trail. We recommend you to stay Khumjung over night . There is a funny thing with myth of Yati skull in Khumjung Monastery. And another attraction of Khumjung Village is Hillary School.
This will be a easy day From Khumjung to get Dole is about 4/5 hours only. Little walk up for the day. This day you will walk inside forest of smaller trees. Dole is peaceful place to stay. Very normal lodges. After you reach Dole you need to walk 200-300m higher for your good acclimatize.
Well this day also will be another easy day. Just beginning of the day is going up for 30/40 minutes . Then the left is easier yo get Machermo throughout Luza. The aprox trail to walk is 4/5 hours only. Machermo also a peaceful place and day time is warm too if day is sunshine .After your lunch as well previous day make small hike up 200-300m again.
Also this day is easy trail to walk. But because of high altitude you should walk slow and relax. Drink more water than normal . On the way you can see 3 lakes . Trail is little rocky . It will take about 4 hours to get Gokyo lodges. Then after lunch in gokyo you can walk to 4th. lake . It will help for your acclimatization too. From lodge to get 4th lake is about 1:30 hours . And 1 more hour to back lodge .
Ups !!! It’s more beautiful and difficult than expected. This is the major day of whole trip. But to catch up your mountains view dream , you should do little early breakfast . Then you should start to walk up to Gokyo Ri 5360m. You need to prepare enough drinking water and energy bars for the way. After 2:30/3 hours you will get the views in 360० of the high mountains . Everest , Lhotse 8516m 4th. highest , Makalu 5th. highest and Choyu 6th highest mountains are in your eyes and lens. And many more mountains are under your views. As well the biggest glacier Ngozumba is below you. ( But if weather isn’t good then you can do it next day morning.). After completion of your Gokyo Ri top then back to lodge for lunch. You can have rest . But if you want to do different way then ask your guide . May you can take another way to back Namche through Thangnak via Phortse.
Well however you will back to Dole /Phortse. Just do as your desire.
The same way you need to walk back. And we suggest you to walk down to Jorsalle/Monju. It makes your last day walk is less. You will get time to manage you wonderful last trekking evening celebration .
Well last walking day in mountains area.
Evening make your celebration as you like with your helpers of mountain walk. Guide will let you know morning flight schedule.
Finally you will get crazy Kathmandu by small tiny flight. And day in Kathmandu is free for you. Evening we will have together farewell dinner with cultural perfermance .
Well here you have time to back home. We will drop you to airport by reserve vehicle. Thank you very much to being with us for your mountain travel. We hope to see you again👨✈️👩✈️🙏
- Pick up & drop on arrival and departure by private Taxi/ Car.
- Welcome & farewell dinner ( with cultural dance ) in Kathmandu .
- 2 nights Accommodation in Kathmandu at 3* hotel including breakfast.
- Normal Tea house common twins rooms during trekking days.
- Domestic air tickets kath- Lukla- kath for clients & guide.
- An English speaking government licence holder Guide & one porters between each two & their wages, food and insurance for during trekking days.
- 3 meals during all trekking days. (breakfast , lunch & dinner )
- Fresh fruits as dessert every evening after dinner.
- First aid kit.
- All permit ( National park permit, Local ) & government taxes.
- Walking poles, sleeping bags, Crampones.
- Trekking Map one in group.
- 3 cups of tea/ coffee during trekking days.
- International air ticket & and visa fee.
- Wifi, mobile/ battery charge(Power bank is highly recommend), hot shower during trekking lodge .
- All drinks soft & hard. ( Water, beer, coke, as well Tea/ coffee if more than limitation etc..)
- Tips for staff, donation & personal expenses.
- Clients insurance. ( But we help to arrange your rescue if in case).
- Expenses due to Mishaps, Landslide, Political strikes, Bad weather etc. In those case extra will charge as per actual.
- Which aren't in included list.
- If overstay than given Itinerary.